Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Welcome to My Crazy Life!

Just a day to day, or week to week, account of a mom, teacher, friend, wife, and regular everyday busy woman!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Robot Cake


This is the "Wobot" cake Kylie had to have for her party. I made it after searching the Internet for ideas. I had to adapt the ones I found to fit, but I think that it turned out pretty well!

First, I baked a 8x8 boxed cake and a 9x13. I let those cool overnight. Then I cut the 9x13 into an 8x8 piece and stacked it on top of the other. I layered with strawberry jam between the layers. After that, I iced the cake with a star tip. I used homemade icing, but I believe store bought would do just as well. Then, because I didn't plan for the size, I had to find something for the head. I used Rice Krispie treats. I used 3 layers of these, only I used icing as the "glue" to hold them together. For the arms, I used chocolate donuts. I cut them so that I could have a flat side to put on the cake board then put icing between the donut layers. I used Starburst chews and gummies for the buttons, jelly beans for the eyes, and icing for the mouth, then large lollipops for the "ears". I used a toothpick to "predrill" the holes for these because I didn't want to knock the head off trying to put them on. Then, I put the candles on it's head. It was time consuming, but well worth it to see the look on Kylie's face when it was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment