Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Welcome to My Crazy Life!

Just a day to day, or week to week, account of a mom, teacher, friend, wife, and regular everyday busy woman!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Days 21-24

I find myself wanting to apologize again....
Saturday I took Kylie to Urgent Care, then Sunday, I had to go back for Jacob. Our house was flooded with the flu. My husband caught the stomach flu to top it all off. Yet, I seemed to be immune to it all. I was the sole healthy person in our household. I stayed home from work for two days. When I finally returned to work, I was met with more challenges first thing in the morning. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. Here I had never stopped to study Jesus' Word. I had never taken the time. I let the devil convince me that I was too tired to spend time with Him. And you will never believe how that effected the rest of this week!
I feel foolish for letting that happen. I have been asking God's forgiveness ever since I have realized that. If only I had keep on like Jesus did in day 21. He never let the true mission get in the way by letting all the trivial things of life on earth push Him off the path. I did.
I think that day 23 really drove home the message that I have not been letting God guide me in ALL that I do. Sure I try to glorify Him at work. But I never realized that it meant that I needed to do it through work. I have been keeping those separate. As a teacher, I have not been planning my lessons with all my heart to work for the Lord's purpose. I underlined "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." I too often think that I am serving a class, or a group of people. But I am not. I am serving God in my work. I have to do my best to please Him. And in doing that, I will please all the others.
I wish that I could go back and change my actions. I wish that I could have made different choices. But I can't. I know that God does everything for a reason. I choose to obey or disobey. I am learning from those lessons.
I ask Him for forgiveness for my disobedience. I am asking God to help me plan with His purpose in mind.

God please help me serve You first in ALL that I do.

Struggles won't seem like such an uphill battle if I keep that I mind.

Thank you Natasha.

2 comments:

  1. I love you my sweet friend. I am so glad your spirits are being lifted. Thank you for loving me enough to call on me. I may not always have words of wisdom, but I can listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we all get lost in the cares of this world and troubles that come. God loves us and understands. He is faithful to forgive and we can rest in His arms as he wraps them around us to say, "I love you." I have been there, and had to come to him and ask for forgiveness for 'forgetting' to read and pray many times. Too many times. Thank God for his forgiveness and love.

    ReplyDelete