Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Welcome to My Crazy Life!

Just a day to day, or week to week, account of a mom, teacher, friend, wife, and regular everyday busy woman!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blasted Unbelievers

I am so ashamed. I have let life get the best of me, and lost touch with what is really important. So many times, I ask God to forgive me for not making time for Him. I know that I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. All I can do is admit my sins to God and ask for His forgiveness. And knowing that, I take for granted that others can't do the same. Part of the reason they can't ask for forgiveness for the same sin I have committed is because they don't know Him yet. I really should be more ashamed of that than anything else.
I think that sometimes we get caught up in what we think is right that we sometimes forget that what our human minds have created may not be the actual truth. For example, one of my sisters and I are both believers of Christ. However, we don't see eye to eye about the details. Does that mean I am wrong and she is right, or vice versa? Maybe we both are right. Maybe we both are wrong. That doesn't matter much though if we both don't have an attitude like Christ. If we both want the other to be wrong and be punished for our misguidance, we both are not following God's command. We both should be working toward a common goal: showing others the way to Christ.
Another example I can think of is with my other sister. She shared some things about herself with me that in the past I would have given her a piece of my mind about. But since I have been making a conscience effort to have an attitude of Christ, I decided to not say anything. I am just going to be there if she needs me and pray for her. Because right now, I feel that is what Jesus would do in this situation.
I love my family and I now realize that if one or more of them don't see eye to eye with me, that in the past, I have been terribly pushy to try to get them to see things my way. Now, I know that I need to pray to have a heart and attitude like Jesus or else I will be just like James and John, wanting to destroy their way so that mine will prevail.

1 comment:

  1. It is difficult when you and your family don't have the same beliefs. I know all about not understanding nor seeing eye to eye. Sometimes I think it comes to a point in my situations that all we can do is pray.

    Please don't be ashamed. Life happens. God know what is in your heart.

    I love you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete