Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Welcome to My Crazy Life!

Just a day to day, or week to week, account of a mom, teacher, friend, wife, and regular everyday busy woman!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Listening, Answering

I am a great listener. I usually listen more than I talk, unless you are a close friend or someone I have not seen in a long time. At get-togethers, I am quietly taking in all the conversations going on. Sometimes I will talk, but I am not the life of the party by far. I am more like a wall flower.
I don't have all the answers. I never will. I will always seek them out. Jesus was the flesh form of God. Maybe God taught Jesus how to listen, since of course that is one of the things we as humans do. When our children need us to listen, we do. When our friends need someone to listen, we do. We have to learn to be a good listener too. If we are the ones doing all the talking, no one will come to us when they have a problem. I know that if God was always talking about Himself and not listening to what I had to say, I might not be a believer. But I know a God who always has an ear when I need it. No matter what time of day or night, He is there, for me to talk to.
As far as answering, we have to be very good listeners to hear what He has to say back to us. My husband and I were just trying to explain to Jacob at dinner that God talks back to us, we just have to understand how. It could be the little voice in your head.
I know when I wanted to know if I was pregnant for the first time, I asked God to show me and he did. About 5 minutes after I asked Him that question, a tv commercial came on with a pregnant woman. Soon after, a pregnancy test commercial came on, all on a channel that didn't normally play those kinds of commercials! God could be speaking to us by sending someone or something we had asked for. We have to have a listening ear, a pondering and open heart and the knowledge of His word in order to hear God.

No comments:

Post a Comment