Listen to Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Welcome to My Crazy Life!

Just a day to day, or week to week, account of a mom, teacher, friend, wife, and regular everyday busy woman!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wearing Our Transgressions

I have never put that much thought into asking God to forgive my sins. I mean, I have of course asked for His forgiveness and have felt the peace after knowing that He has. But I mean after that. I have never looked at asking forgiveness like Beth Moore described. If I were to look myself in the mirror everyday like I do to put on my makeup, and ask Him to forgive me specifically, I would probably be better. Better in the sense that I would admit those sins and then be forgiven but more than that, I would be recognizing my sins and changing them immediately so that I wouldn't have to admit them again. Who wants to keep asking for forgiveness from the same sin over and over again? I know that I don't. If we did that, it would be the same as asking God to forgive all our sins, in general. What's the point then?
I really loved the way Beth Moore also brought up the idea about Jesus going to be baptized after all those people had confessed their sins in the very same water. He did bear the load for us more than once. Do you think He felt all the weight of those sins on Him when He was raised out of the water? I know that when I was baptized, I felt weightless after I was raised out of the water. I can't help but wonder if Jesus felt the opposite. I guess that is something I will sit and ponder for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarie, I have felt the weightlessness that you describe. You are making me wonder too if Jesus felt the weight of our sins. What's so awesome is that, even if he did, He never complained. Can you imagine the responsibility He must have felt, to save the world from their sins? Do you ever think Jesus was afraid of disappointing His Father? Did He ever fear that the task before Him was an impossible one? He never gives up on us, and for that I am eternally thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have really been thinking about Jesus as He was baptized. I do think that when He was lifted, He did feel the weight of those confessed sins. I am sure that in His human form Jesus had feelings and doubts similar to ours. He couldn't relate to us if He didn't. And just like Jesus' feelings about disappointing God, I am afraid I will disappoint Him now. I know that I have my fair share of sins that I cast upon Him. I don't want to add more. It is my prayer that He will help me live my life so that it is pleasing to Him. Jesus was the example for us. We need to do our best to follow that example. That is what I want to do for not only me, but for my kids and other loved ones who have not yet opened their hearts to our Savior.

    ReplyDelete